UEFA Champions League Preview: Real Madrid vs Galatasary
Madrid: Real Madrid have a fully-fit squad at their disposal for the Champions League quarter-final first-leg meeting with Galatasaray at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Defenders Raphael Varane (back) and Fabio Coentrao (foot) have recovered from injuries and are set to start, while Diego Lopez is expected to keep his place in goal ahead of the fit-again Iker Casillas.
Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil and Angel Di Maria should all return to the starting line-up after being rested on the bench for Saturday`s 1-1 draw at Zaragoza.
Galatasaray boss Fatih Terim could field the same starting XI that overcame Schalke in the round of 16 second leg in Germany.
The 59-year-old has a virtually full-strength squad to choose from, with Tomas Ujfalusi (knee) the only absentee.STATS
• Real Madrid are on a 37-match unbeaten run at the Santiago Bernabeu in all competitions, stretching back to January 2012 (W30, D7).
• Los Merengues have won 13 and lost just one of their 16 European home matches under Jose Mourinho.
• Madrid have scored 18 goals in the Champions League this season, the joint highest total along with Bayern Munich.
• Galatasaray have won 10 of their last 18 away outings in European competition, losing just two.
• The Turkish giants have emerged victorious in two of their three previous meetings with Real Madrid, including a 2-1 Uefa Super Cup triumph in 2000-01.
• Burak Yilmaz is the joint top scorer in this season`s Champions League with eight goals, level with Cristiano Ronaldo.