ICC Champions Trophy Schedule: India first play South Africa
New Delhi: India will open their campaign in the last edition of the ICC Champions Trophy with their Group B match against South Africa at Cardiff on June 6. The biennial tournament is being would wound up as the ICC is unable to slot it in the crowded cricket calendar.
Indian play their second group game against the West Indies at the Oval on June 11 before running into neighbours Pakistan at Edgbaston on June 15.
There are only two day-night games and curiously, Sri Lanka figure in both, to be played at The Oval - against England on June 13 and against Australia on June 17.
The semifinals are on June 19 and 20 and the final on Sunday, June 23.The Champions Trophy schedule:
• Group A: Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka
• Group B: India, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies
• June 6: India vs South Africa (day match) at Cardiff
• Jun 7: West Indies vs Pakistan (d) at The Oval
• June 8: England vs Australia (d) at Edgbaston
• June 9: Sri Lanka vs New Zealand (d) at Cardiff
• June 10: Pakistan vs South Africa (d) at Edgbaston
• June 11: India vs West Indies (d) at The Oval
• June 12: Australia vs New Zealand (d) at Edgbaston
• June 13: England vs Sri Lanka (day/night) at The Oval
• June 14: West Indies vs South Africa (d) at Cardiff
• June 15: India vs Pakistan (d) at Edgbaston
• June `16: England vs New Zealand (d) at Cardiff
• June 17: Sri Lanka vs Australia (d/n) at The Oval
• June 19: (Semifinal) A1 v B2 (d) at The Oval
• June 20: (Semifinal) A2 v B1 (d) at Cardiff
• June 23: Final (d) at Edgbaston