Nadeem Iqbal finishes 85th
Sochi: India`s cross country skier Nadeem Iqbal had a disappointing outing as he finished 85th in the men`s 15km classic run event at the Winter Olympic Games here Friday.
The 30-year-old Armyman, in his first Winter Olympics, clocked 55 minute 12.5 seconds to cover the 15km distance and secure a lowly 85th position out of 87 athletes who finished the race at the Laura Cross-country Ski and Biathlon Center.
Iqbal was 16 minute 42.8 seconds behind gold medal winner Dario Cologna of Switzerland, who clocked 38 minute 29.7 seconds. Swedish skiers Johan Olsson (38:58.2s) and Daniel Richardsson (39:08.5s) grabbed the silver and bronze medals respectively.
Alpine skier Himanshu Thakur is the only Indian left in the fray now and his Giant Slalom event begins on February 19.
Luger Shiva Keshavan had finished a disappointing 37th out of 39 competitors in the men`s singles event on February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'