Nadeem Iqbal finishes 85th
Sochi: India`s cross country skier Nadeem Iqbal had a disappointing outing as he finished 85th in the men`s 15km classic run event at the Winter Olympic Games here Friday.
The 30-year-old Armyman, in his first Winter Olympics, clocked 55 minute 12.5 seconds to cover the 15km distance and secure a lowly 85th position out of 87 athletes who finished the race at the Laura Cross-country Ski and Biathlon Center.
Iqbal was 16 minute 42.8 seconds behind gold medal winner Dario Cologna of Switzerland, who clocked 38 minute 29.7 seconds. Swedish skiers Johan Olsson (38:58.2s) and Daniel Richardsson (39:08.5s) grabbed the silver and bronze medals respectively.
Alpine skier Himanshu Thakur is the only Indian left in the fray now and his Giant Slalom event begins on February 19.
Luger Shiva Keshavan had finished a disappointing 37th out of 39 competitors in the men`s singles event on February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 1st Test, Day 1 – Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Mobile, internet services restored in Jammu, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley