Neureuther misses Sochi flight after car crash
Rosa Khutor, Russia: German slalom specialist Felix Neureuther is being examined for whiplash following a car accident on an icy road on his way to the airport to the Sochi Olympic Games, Germany`s skiing federation spokesman said on Friday.
"He hit the crash barrier on a slippery, snowy road," Ralph Eder told Reuters, adding that Neureuther was able to continue driving after the accident.
"His doctor is examining him now for whiplash."
The medical exam will determine if and when the 29-year-old would be able to fly to Sochi to start in Wednesday`s giant slalom and next Saturday`s slalom, Eder said.
Neureuther, the son of double Olympic champion Rosi Mittermaier and six-time slalom World Cup winner Christian Neureuther, missed his plane from Munich after the crash.
Despite having had an injury-plagued season, Neureuther is tipped to be a medal contender in both races. He won a World Cup giant slalom and two slaloms last month, including the prestigious Kitzbuehel slalom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog