Sara Takanashi put in ski jump shade by Iraschko-Stolz
Rosa Khutor: Austria`s Daniela Iraschko-Stolz dominated the women`s first outing on an Olympic ski jumping hill Saturday, winning two of the three training jumps and relegating Japanese favourite Sara Takanashi to second spot.
The 30-year-old Austrian was the only woman to jump 100 metres despite a fall upon landing in the second jump.
But 17-year-old World Cup leader Takanashi showed she was a force to be reckoned with, leading after the first jump, ahead of Iraschko-Stolz, and finishing second in the next two.
America`s Sarah Hendrickson, who has been widely touted as a top medal contender despite not having competed since August due to a knee injury, had a poor training, finishing 28th and 27th in the only two jumps she completed.
The women return on Sunday and Monday for more training before the gold medal is decided under the floodlights of the RusSki Gorki venue on Tuesday evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma