Sara Takanashi put in ski jump shade by Iraschko-Stolz
Rosa Khutor: Austria`s Daniela Iraschko-Stolz dominated the women`s first outing on an Olympic ski jumping hill Saturday, winning two of the three training jumps and relegating Japanese favourite Sara Takanashi to second spot.
The 30-year-old Austrian was the only woman to jump 100 metres despite a fall upon landing in the second jump.
But 17-year-old World Cup leader Takanashi showed she was a force to be reckoned with, leading after the first jump, ahead of Iraschko-Stolz, and finishing second in the next two.
America`s Sarah Hendrickson, who has been widely touted as a top medal contender despite not having competed since August due to a knee injury, had a poor training, finishing 28th and 27th in the only two jumps she completed.
The women return on Sunday and Monday for more training before the gold medal is decided under the floodlights of the RusSki Gorki venue on Tuesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea