Sochi Winter Olympics: Record fifth gold for An
Sochi: Victor An, a former South Korean who represents Russia in the Sochi Olympics, won the men`s 500m short track at the Iceberg Skating Palace on Friday to bring his tally to a record five golds in this sport.
An won his fifth gold, more than any other man or woman in short track, Xinhua reported.
An becomes the first athlete to win gold in all four short track events in a gender in Olympic Winter Games history: men`s 500m, 1,000m, 1,500m, 5,000m relay.
He also won gold in the 1,000m event in Sochi. At Torino 2006, An won the gold in the 1,000m, the 1,500m and the 5,000m men`s relay, and finished third in the 500m event.
An is gunning for his sixth gold in the men`s 5,000m relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested