Sochi Winter Olympics: Record fifth gold for An
Sochi: Victor An, a former South Korean who represents Russia in the Sochi Olympics, won the men`s 500m short track at the Iceberg Skating Palace on Friday to bring his tally to a record five golds in this sport.
An won his fifth gold, more than any other man or woman in short track, Xinhua reported.
An becomes the first athlete to win gold in all four short track events in a gender in Olympic Winter Games history: men`s 500m, 1,000m, 1,500m, 5,000m relay.
He also won gold in the 1,000m event in Sochi. At Torino 2006, An won the gold in the 1,000m, the 1,500m and the 5,000m men`s relay, and finished third in the 500m event.
An is gunning for his sixth gold in the men`s 5,000m relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj