Sochi Winter Olympics: Record fifth gold for An
Sochi: Victor An, a former South Korean who represents Russia in the Sochi Olympics, won the men`s 500m short track at the Iceberg Skating Palace on Friday to bring his tally to a record five golds in this sport.
An won his fifth gold, more than any other man or woman in short track, Xinhua reported.
An becomes the first athlete to win gold in all four short track events in a gender in Olympic Winter Games history: men`s 500m, 1,000m, 1,500m, 5,000m relay.
He also won gold in the 1,000m event in Sochi. At Torino 2006, An won the gold in the 1,000m, the 1,500m and the 5,000m men`s relay, and finished third in the 500m event.
An is gunning for his sixth gold in the men`s 5,000m relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report