Sochi Winter Olympics: Record fifth gold for An
Sochi: Victor An, a former South Korean who represents Russia in the Sochi Olympics, won the men`s 500m short track at the Iceberg Skating Palace on Friday to bring his tally to a record five golds in this sport.
An won his fifth gold, more than any other man or woman in short track, Xinhua reported.
An becomes the first athlete to win gold in all four short track events in a gender in Olympic Winter Games history: men`s 500m, 1,000m, 1,500m, 5,000m relay.
He also won gold in the 1,000m event in Sochi. At Torino 2006, An won the gold in the 1,000m, the 1,500m and the 5,000m men`s relay, and finished third in the 500m event.
An is gunning for his sixth gold in the men`s 5,000m relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!