Vijay Mallya disappointed over no Indian flag at Sochi Olympics
New Delhi: Vijay Mallya has expressed his disappointment on Twitter about the Indian squad not being able to walk under the national flag following a ban.
India faced the humiliation when three of its athletes marched without the national flag during the opening ceremony of the Sochi Winter Olympics Friday night.
With the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) suspended by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) due to ethical and administrative reasons, luger Shiva Keshavan, Alpine skier Himanshu Thakur and cross-country skier Nadeem Iqbal had to walk behind the IOC flag.
The Indian athletes will compete under the "independent athletes"category and will be represented under the Olympic flag.
The IOA was suspended by the IOC in December, 2012 due to its failure to comply with the Olympic charter. It has resulted in Indian athletes, including boxers, participating in events under the flag of world body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!