Zubkov wins Russia`s second bobsleigh gold
Sochi: Russia`s Alexander Zubkov sped to a gold medal in four-man bobsleigh Sunday, to give the hosts their second gold medal in this discipline.
The 39-year-old pilot won his second gold at Sochi, after victory in the two-man event, by completing four clean runs in front of an ecstatic crowd at Sanki Sliding Centre, reports Xinhua.
Oskars Melbardis of Latvia, piloting LAT-1, won silver, Latvia`s first medal in this sport, while USA`s Steven Holcomb, piloting USA-1, took home the bronze.
"We won and we proved to everybody that we are the best, that is the most important," Zubkov said after the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown