Zubkov wins Russia`s second bobsleigh gold
Sochi: Russia`s Alexander Zubkov sped to a gold medal in four-man bobsleigh Sunday, to give the hosts their second gold medal in this discipline.
The 39-year-old pilot won his second gold at Sochi, after victory in the two-man event, by completing four clean runs in front of an ecstatic crowd at Sanki Sliding Centre, reports Xinhua.
Oskars Melbardis of Latvia, piloting LAT-1, won silver, Latvia`s first medal in this sport, while USA`s Steven Holcomb, piloting USA-1, took home the bronze.
"We won and we proved to everybody that we are the best, that is the most important," Zubkov said after the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi