Zubkov wins Russia`s second bobsleigh gold
Sochi: Russia`s Alexander Zubkov sped to a gold medal in four-man bobsleigh Sunday, to give the hosts their second gold medal in this discipline.
The 39-year-old pilot won his second gold at Sochi, after victory in the two-man event, by completing four clean runs in front of an ecstatic crowd at Sanki Sliding Centre, reports Xinhua.
Oskars Melbardis of Latvia, piloting LAT-1, won silver, Latvia`s first medal in this sport, while USA`s Steven Holcomb, piloting USA-1, took home the bronze.
"We won and we proved to everybody that we are the best, that is the most important," Zubkov said after the race.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living