Sodhi gets `rare opportunity` to learn leg-spin under `idol` Warnie for one day
Wellington: Thanks to a nod and a wink from his employer, Northern Districts chief executive Peter Roach, New Zealand leg-spinner Ish Sodhi is off to Melbourne on December 28 to hang out with his idol Shane Warne, according to reports.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Roach kept wicket for Victoria in 25 first-class matches between 1995 and 2005, and also represented Australia under-19.
Sodhi said Roach initially got in touch with Warne and tested the water and as he was willing, and New Zealand Cricket sealed the deal in recent days, the report said.
He will spend a day with Warne, bowling in the nets and talking legspin, before returning home on December 30, the report added.
Sodhi said that right now, he has got way too many questions that he would like to ask Warne, because he was a hero of his growing up, adding that he would have to narrow it down a little bit too.
Sodhi, playing his fourth test at the Basin Reserve against West Indies, has already shown his class as a patient student of spin, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan