Sodhi gets `rare opportunity` to learn leg-spin under `idol` Warnie for one day
Wellington: Thanks to a nod and a wink from his employer, Northern Districts chief executive Peter Roach, New Zealand leg-spinner Ish Sodhi is off to Melbourne on December 28 to hang out with his idol Shane Warne, according to reports.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Roach kept wicket for Victoria in 25 first-class matches between 1995 and 2005, and also represented Australia under-19.
Sodhi said Roach initially got in touch with Warne and tested the water and as he was willing, and New Zealand Cricket sealed the deal in recent days, the report said.
He will spend a day with Warne, bowling in the nets and talking legspin, before returning home on December 30, the report added.
Sodhi said that right now, he has got way too many questions that he would like to ask Warne, because he was a hero of his growing up, adding that he would have to narrow it down a little bit too.
Sodhi, playing his fourth test at the Basin Reserve against West Indies, has already shown his class as a patient student of spin, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers