`Angry` Afridi demands explanation over joke on batting skills in upcoming Bollywood flick
Karachi: Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has reportedly written an angry letter to the producers of an upcoming Bollywood movie that has jibed his erratic batting skills.
The trailer of actor-singer Ali Zafar`s new movie Total Siyapaa has created a furore as it makes funny references to public figures and also puts Afridi on the spot.
However, the Express Tribune reports that Afridi has not taken the implied slur on his batting skills too well and is demanding an explanation from the filmmakers, although the makers of the movie are quite confident that the dialogue, when heard in context, will be taken in good humour by the masses and the cricketer.
The report mentioned that an insulted Afridi has written to the producers, asking for an explanation of the exact context in which his name has been used.
Zafar, who plays the lead in the cross-border love story featuring a Pakistani boy and an Indian girl, also defended the film, saying that he is an Afridi fan himself, adding that it is better to leave the final verdict to the viewers as and when they step out of the cinema after watching the film, and the context of his reference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam