`Cricket and music can bring Pakistan and India closer`
Karachi: A huge fan of Shahid Afridi, veteran singer Kumar Sanu feels cricket and music can play a big role in reducing tensions between India and Pakistan.
Sanu, who was seen cheering the Pakistan cricket team during the second one day international (ODI) against South Africa in Abu Dhabi, said, "I am a firm believer that music and cricket can bring Pakistan and India closer."
Emphasising that players like Afridi and Virender Sehwag are equally popular in both countries, the singer said, "Afridi is my favourite player and I love to watch him play whenever I get a chance."
"He is an exciting player and there has never been a dull moment whenever he is on field," Sanu said.
The singer, a big hit in Pakistan, added that he would like to see the two teams playing against each other whenever the governments permit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!