`Cricket and music can bring Pakistan and India closer`
Karachi: A huge fan of Shahid Afridi, veteran singer Kumar Sanu feels cricket and music can play a big role in reducing tensions between India and Pakistan.
Sanu, who was seen cheering the Pakistan cricket team during the second one day international (ODI) against South Africa in Abu Dhabi, said, "I am a firm believer that music and cricket can bring Pakistan and India closer."
Emphasising that players like Afridi and Virender Sehwag are equally popular in both countries, the singer said, "Afridi is my favourite player and I love to watch him play whenever I get a chance."
"He is an exciting player and there has never been a dull moment whenever he is on field," Sanu said.
The singer, a big hit in Pakistan, added that he would like to see the two teams playing against each other whenever the governments permit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader