`Cricket and music can bring Pakistan and India closer`
Karachi: A huge fan of Shahid Afridi, veteran singer Kumar Sanu feels cricket and music can play a big role in reducing tensions between India and Pakistan.
Sanu, who was seen cheering the Pakistan cricket team during the second one day international (ODI) against South Africa in Abu Dhabi, said, "I am a firm believer that music and cricket can bring Pakistan and India closer."
Emphasising that players like Afridi and Virender Sehwag are equally popular in both countries, the singer said, "Afridi is my favourite player and I love to watch him play whenever I get a chance."
"He is an exciting player and there has never been a dull moment whenever he is on field," Sanu said.
The singer, a big hit in Pakistan, added that he would like to see the two teams playing against each other whenever the governments permit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security