`Sex sells` theory turns loser into winner
Melbourne: Eugenie Bouchard has been defeated by Petra Kvitova in the Wimbledon final but she will be walking away with more sponsorship stake because "sex sells".
Kvitova secured her second Wimbledon crown and more than 3 million dollars in prize money winning 6-3 6-0 against her Canadian opponent in 55 minutes, News.com.au reported.
Cheryl Cooky, Associate Professor at Purdue University`s Women`s Gender and Sexuality Studies program said that the conventional wisdom is that sex sells since there is a pressure placed on the female athlete to portray a "prototypically feminine image that appeals to marketers".
Forbes writer Miguel Morales said that the Mega-agency IMG will do anything to snap Bouchard up, after sensing her rising stock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples