1300 teams, 18000 players to play in HP cricket tourney
Dharamsala: A record 1300 teams are expected to vie for the top honour when the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association`s J P Twenty20 Mahasangram Season II commences from November 13.
The tournament will be played at about 60-70 centers throughout the state and 1300 teams would involve around 18000 players in all. The matches will be played on knockout basis.
In 2009 this tournament had attracted 1017 teams, involving about 14500 players and the matches were played at 57 venues, a HPCA official said.
The HPCA will be distributing cash prizes worth Rs 30 lakh and in addition to this, members of all quarterfinalist sides will be given a complete set of cricket equipment.
All organising costs will be borne by the Association, said the official.
After playing the matches at district level, two teams from each district will qualify for the next stage and the winner will get Rs 3 lakh cash, with the runner-up bagging Rs 2 lakh and semifinalists Rs 51,000.
HPCA has a plan to register this year`s tournament as the biggest T20 event of the country with Limca and Guinness Book of records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?