1300 teams, 18000 players to play in HP cricket tourney
Dharamsala: A record 1300 teams are expected to vie for the top honour when the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association`s J P Twenty20 Mahasangram Season II commences from November 13.
The tournament will be played at about 60-70 centers throughout the state and 1300 teams would involve around 18000 players in all. The matches will be played on knockout basis.
In 2009 this tournament had attracted 1017 teams, involving about 14500 players and the matches were played at 57 venues, a HPCA official said.
The HPCA will be distributing cash prizes worth Rs 30 lakh and in addition to this, members of all quarterfinalist sides will be given a complete set of cricket equipment.
All organising costs will be borne by the Association, said the official.
After playing the matches at district level, two teams from each district will qualify for the next stage and the winner will get Rs 3 lakh cash, with the runner-up bagging Rs 2 lakh and semifinalists Rs 51,000.
HPCA has a plan to register this year`s tournament as the biggest T20 event of the country with Limca and Guinness Book of records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi