A sporting saga in the offing - Khwaabb
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Olympics might as well be over but the Olympic fever seems to be on. With the richest ever medal haul this Olympics for India there are a lot of reasons to celebrate and one of the best ways to revere the occasion is to put it up on celluloid.
If ‘Chak de India’ went miles in popularising the game of Hockey and if ‘Iqbal’ was at the forefront of inspiring the not so rich to up cricket, a sports movie focussing on athletics and swimming had to be there. Director Zaid Ali Khan, son of Indian shooter Moraad A Khan has done something exactly that. Zaid’s dream of filmmaking and Moraad’s undying passion for sports has brought about ‘Khwaabb’.
Bulleye production’s first feature film, ‘Khwaabb’ is a realistic depiction of the Indian sporting scenario with captures the dream and emotions of aspiring sportsmen. The promo of the film was unveiled on Friday amidst the presence of sporting giants namely Kapil Dev, Bishan Singh Bedi, Randhir Singh, Manavjit Singh Sandhu.
According to the director, Zaid Ali Khan , “ Khwaabb started two years ago after I discussed my father’s idea with my colleagues and we decided to set up a team and to execute it. It has been a roller coaster ride since”.
Producer Moraad A Khan during the conference said, “ It is important to bring awareness among masses about the Olympic sports in India, Khwaabb is a step in the right direction. everyone rejoices winning, but it is the journey towards winning a medal which needs support.”
The feature film stars debutants in the lead role -- Navdip Singh as the sprinter and Simer Motiani as the swimmer. Also in the supporting cast is Bajrangbali Singh and prominent social activist Nafisa Ali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details