A sporting saga in the offing - Khwaabb
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Olympics might as well be over but the Olympic fever seems to be on. With the richest ever medal haul this Olympics for India there are a lot of reasons to celebrate and one of the best ways to revere the occasion is to put it up on celluloid.
If ‘Chak de India’ went miles in popularising the game of Hockey and if ‘Iqbal’ was at the forefront of inspiring the not so rich to up cricket, a sports movie focussing on athletics and swimming had to be there. Director Zaid Ali Khan, son of Indian shooter Moraad A Khan has done something exactly that. Zaid’s dream of filmmaking and Moraad’s undying passion for sports has brought about ‘Khwaabb’.
Bulleye production’s first feature film, ‘Khwaabb’ is a realistic depiction of the Indian sporting scenario with captures the dream and emotions of aspiring sportsmen. The promo of the film was unveiled on Friday amidst the presence of sporting giants namely Kapil Dev, Bishan Singh Bedi, Randhir Singh, Manavjit Singh Sandhu.
According to the director, Zaid Ali Khan , “ Khwaabb started two years ago after I discussed my father’s idea with my colleagues and we decided to set up a team and to execute it. It has been a roller coaster ride since”.
Producer Moraad A Khan during the conference said, “ It is important to bring awareness among masses about the Olympic sports in India, Khwaabb is a step in the right direction. everyone rejoices winning, but it is the journey towards winning a medal which needs support.”
The feature film stars debutants in the lead role -- Navdip Singh as the sprinter and Simer Motiani as the swimmer. Also in the supporting cast is Bajrangbali Singh and prominent social activist Nafisa Ali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM