Amir Khan ties knot with fiancee Faryal Makhdoom
London: Amir khan married his American fiance Faryal Makhdoom in a lavish ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
The 26-year-old former Olympian even danced to a Bollywood number with his ushers for 350 guests at the reception.
A source told the publication that the ceremony was incredible.
The insider further said that because of the boxer`s busy training schedule, Makhdoom, who is a journalism student, had to look after all the arrangements and she did a brilliant job.
Khan admitted on Twitter that he had left most of the work to Makhdoom, and wrote: "The only thing I`ve done is try my clothes on."
The couple was due to return to Bolton for a ceremony with 4,000 guests, including footballers Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, and fellow boxers Ricky Hatton and David Haye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception