Amir Khan ties knot with fiancee Faryal Makhdoom
London: Amir khan married his American fiance Faryal Makhdoom in a lavish ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
The 26-year-old former Olympian even danced to a Bollywood number with his ushers for 350 guests at the reception.
A source told the publication that the ceremony was incredible.
The insider further said that because of the boxer`s busy training schedule, Makhdoom, who is a journalism student, had to look after all the arrangements and she did a brilliant job.
Khan admitted on Twitter that he had left most of the work to Makhdoom, and wrote: "The only thing I`ve done is try my clothes on."
The couple was due to return to Bolton for a ceremony with 4,000 guests, including footballers Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, and fellow boxers Ricky Hatton and David Haye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach