Amir Khan ties knot with fiancee Faryal Makhdoom
London: Amir khan married his American fiance Faryal Makhdoom in a lavish ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
The 26-year-old former Olympian even danced to a Bollywood number with his ushers for 350 guests at the reception.
A source told the publication that the ceremony was incredible.
The insider further said that because of the boxer`s busy training schedule, Makhdoom, who is a journalism student, had to look after all the arrangements and she did a brilliant job.
Khan admitted on Twitter that he had left most of the work to Makhdoom, and wrote: "The only thing I`ve done is try my clothes on."
The couple was due to return to Bolton for a ceremony with 4,000 guests, including footballers Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, and fellow boxers Ricky Hatton and David Haye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police