Amir Khan ties knot with fiancee Faryal Makhdoom
London: Amir khan married his American fiance Faryal Makhdoom in a lavish ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
The 26-year-old former Olympian even danced to a Bollywood number with his ushers for 350 guests at the reception.
A source told the publication that the ceremony was incredible.
The insider further said that because of the boxer`s busy training schedule, Makhdoom, who is a journalism student, had to look after all the arrangements and she did a brilliant job.
Khan admitted on Twitter that he had left most of the work to Makhdoom, and wrote: "The only thing I`ve done is try my clothes on."
The couple was due to return to Bolton for a ceremony with 4,000 guests, including footballers Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, and fellow boxers Ricky Hatton and David Haye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers