Amir Khan ties knot with fiancee Faryal Makhdoom
London: Amir khan married his American fiance Faryal Makhdoom in a lavish ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.
The 26-year-old former Olympian even danced to a Bollywood number with his ushers for 350 guests at the reception.
A source told the publication that the ceremony was incredible.
The insider further said that because of the boxer`s busy training schedule, Makhdoom, who is a journalism student, had to look after all the arrangements and she did a brilliant job.
Khan admitted on Twitter that he had left most of the work to Makhdoom, and wrote: "The only thing I`ve done is try my clothes on."
The couple was due to return to Bolton for a ceremony with 4,000 guests, including footballers Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, and fellow boxers Ricky Hatton and David Haye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism