Andy Murray set to star in new `Superstars` series
London: Andy Murray will be swapping smashing aces for archery bullseyes with the Beeb bringing back TV classic Superstars for a whole series.
Bosses were thrilled after 6.5 million viewers tuned in for last week’s BBC1 festive special, which saw Olympians Anthony Joshua and oarswoman Helen Glover win.
They are now planning a full series for the spring/summer, pitching more sports aces against one another in fish-out-of-water sporting challenges.
A celeb version is also being lined up, which will see stars of shows like ‘EastEnders’ and ‘Coronation Street’ doing battle.
Host Gabby Logan has agreed to return and her sidekick, former sprinter Iwan Thomas, is also due back, the Sun reported.
Wimbledon finalist Andy has agreed to appear after he missed out on the Christmas special.
Producers are also targeting retired footballers and soccer stars whose managers might let them take part.
They are keen to sign David Beckham.
Producers plan to give the show a mini overhaul after the Christmas special was criticised for looking a bit amateurish after the slick London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter