Andy Murray set to star in new `Superstars` series
London: Andy Murray will be swapping smashing aces for archery bullseyes with the Beeb bringing back TV classic Superstars for a whole series.
Bosses were thrilled after 6.5 million viewers tuned in for last week’s BBC1 festive special, which saw Olympians Anthony Joshua and oarswoman Helen Glover win.
They are now planning a full series for the spring/summer, pitching more sports aces against one another in fish-out-of-water sporting challenges.
A celeb version is also being lined up, which will see stars of shows like ‘EastEnders’ and ‘Coronation Street’ doing battle.
Host Gabby Logan has agreed to return and her sidekick, former sprinter Iwan Thomas, is also due back, the Sun reported.
Wimbledon finalist Andy has agreed to appear after he missed out on the Christmas special.
Producers are also targeting retired footballers and soccer stars whose managers might let them take part.
They are keen to sign David Beckham.
Producers plan to give the show a mini overhaul after the Christmas special was criticised for looking a bit amateurish after the slick London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read