Austrian daredevil Baumgartner’s next ‘free-fall’ to be ‘dive into matrimony’
London: Felix Baumgartner, the Austrian man who stunned the world with a 24-mile free fall from the edge of the space, will celebrate his historic leap with a wedding in the New Year.
Baumgartner, 43, finally popped the question to girlfriend Nicole Oetl after postponing a previous engagement plan in case something went wrong with his record-breaking skydive.
According to the Daily Express, the couple plan to wed in Austria, but live in Switzerland, where the tens of millions Baumgartner is expected to earn from his space fall will be taxed far less than in his homeland.
The paper quoted a source close the fearless skydiver, as saying that ‘Baumgartner loves Oetl like mad and will now walk her up the aisle as he has achieved the ultimate in his profession’.
According to one of Baumgartner’s close friends, the daredevil had once said that if he was on his deathbed he would want his mother Eva and girlfriend holding his hand.
“Now she will be his wife and always be there for him,” the friend added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble