Ball signed by Brett Lee to be auctioned online
Melbourne: A cricket ball signed by Australian bowler Brett Lee will go under the hammer for Indian bidders on Ebay and the proceeds will go to charities working in India.
Australian charity organisation "Shanti Mission" which had received the ball from the cricketer has listed it on the online market place.
"The aim is to generate funds and to donate the proceeds towards a good cause," Sri Guru Shakti Durga, a spritual mentor and founder of the group said.
"The funds raised from the auction will go to two charities doing great work in India, UNICEF India and Varanasi based Saraswati Education Centre and to the mission," she told PTI.
The auction kicks off tomorrow and the starting bid has been placed at Rs 28,500 and will be closed on Jaunary 8.
Ebay in the description of the ball has said "All money earned will by donated as requested by Brett Lee."
Lee, 36, is recognised as one of the fastest bowlers in world cricket. He is also an athletic fielder and a useful lower-order batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!