Ball signed by Brett Lee to be auctioned online
Melbourne: A cricket ball signed by Australian bowler Brett Lee will go under the hammer for Indian bidders on Ebay and the proceeds will go to charities working in India.
Australian charity organisation "Shanti Mission" which had received the ball from the cricketer has listed it on the online market place.
"The aim is to generate funds and to donate the proceeds towards a good cause," Sri Guru Shakti Durga, a spritual mentor and founder of the group said.
"The funds raised from the auction will go to two charities doing great work in India, UNICEF India and Varanasi based Saraswati Education Centre and to the mission," she told PTI.
The auction kicks off tomorrow and the starting bid has been placed at Rs 28,500 and will be closed on Jaunary 8.
Ebay in the description of the ball has said "All money earned will by donated as requested by Brett Lee."
Lee, 36, is recognised as one of the fastest bowlers in world cricket. He is also an athletic fielder and a useful lower-order batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1