Ball signed by Brett Lee to be auctioned online
Melbourne: A cricket ball signed by Australian bowler Brett Lee will go under the hammer for Indian bidders on Ebay and the proceeds will go to charities working in India.
Australian charity organisation "Shanti Mission" which had received the ball from the cricketer has listed it on the online market place.
"The aim is to generate funds and to donate the proceeds towards a good cause," Sri Guru Shakti Durga, a spritual mentor and founder of the group said.
"The funds raised from the auction will go to two charities doing great work in India, UNICEF India and Varanasi based Saraswati Education Centre and to the mission," she told PTI.
The auction kicks off tomorrow and the starting bid has been placed at Rs 28,500 and will be closed on Jaunary 8.
Ebay in the description of the ball has said "All money earned will by donated as requested by Brett Lee."
Lee, 36, is recognised as one of the fastest bowlers in world cricket. He is also an athletic fielder and a useful lower-order batsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog