Barcelona wants 'all female' flight crew
London: Tired of autograph-hunting male flight attendants, Spanish giants Barcelona FC made a request to their official airline partner Turkish Airlines to make it all-female attendants.
Barcelona insists that male crew members should be substituted by female staff who they claim pester players less while on board during flights.
According to the Daily Mail, a Turkish newspaper reported that players at the Catalan club said they received extreme interest from male attendants during journeys to matches.
The glittering line-up at Barcelona includes Argentinean striker Lionel Messi who is widely considered to be one of the best players in the world along with Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi Hernandez and David Villa.
Turkish Airlines has accepted the request and agreed to hand pick the crew who will accompany players on future flights.
The air carrier paid just over six million pounds to sign a two-and-a-half year contract to become the official airline of the Spanish football side in January 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis