Barcelona wants 'all female' flight crew
London: Tired of autograph-hunting male flight attendants, Spanish giants Barcelona FC made a request to their official airline partner Turkish Airlines to make it all-female attendants.
Barcelona insists that male crew members should be substituted by female staff who they claim pester players less while on board during flights.
According to the Daily Mail, a Turkish newspaper reported that players at the Catalan club said they received extreme interest from male attendants during journeys to matches.
The glittering line-up at Barcelona includes Argentinean striker Lionel Messi who is widely considered to be one of the best players in the world along with Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi Hernandez and David Villa.
Turkish Airlines has accepted the request and agreed to hand pick the crew who will accompany players on future flights.
The air carrier paid just over six million pounds to sign a two-and-a-half year contract to become the official airline of the Spanish football side in January 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum