Barcelona wants 'all female' flight crew
London: Tired of autograph-hunting male flight attendants, Spanish giants Barcelona FC made a request to their official airline partner Turkish Airlines to make it all-female attendants.
Barcelona insists that male crew members should be substituted by female staff who they claim pester players less while on board during flights.
According to the Daily Mail, a Turkish newspaper reported that players at the Catalan club said they received extreme interest from male attendants during journeys to matches.
The glittering line-up at Barcelona includes Argentinean striker Lionel Messi who is widely considered to be one of the best players in the world along with Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi Hernandez and David Villa.
Turkish Airlines has accepted the request and agreed to hand pick the crew who will accompany players on future flights.
The air carrier paid just over six million pounds to sign a two-and-a-half year contract to become the official airline of the Spanish football side in January 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani