Barton may quit football to become Catholic priest
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) captain Joey Barton has said he is thinking of quitting football to become a Catholic priest.
Barton, who once stubbed a cigar in a team-mate’s eye, also wants to be an anger management counsellor.
Barton, 29, said he could put his financial talents to good use by being a business guru helping to grow start-up companies or a charity donor. He is already trying his hand at writing, The Sun reports.
Barton will be penning a column for the homeless magazine The Big Issue from the New Year.
He said in the latest edition: "I`ve looked into the void and said, "I`ll give this game up. I was quite prepared to do something else."
"I know for a fact that if I set my mind to becoming a venture capitalist, a philanthropist, an anger management counsellor, Catholic priest, my mindset is such that if I want to prove people wrong then I``m able to do that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video