Becks’ brand pocketed £15.2 m in 2011
London: David Beckham took home a whopping 13.3 million pounds from sponsorship deals last year, it has been revealed.
The LA Galaxy star golden haul was up 1.7million pounds on the year before, and it came on top of the footie legend’s 2.5-million-pound salary from his club.
Beckham, 37, who helped bring the Olympic flame to the London 2012 opening ceremony last month, earned over 36,000 pounds a day as the face of brands like Armani, adidas, Samsung and Diet Coke.
His company Footwork Productions, which manages his entertainment work and image rights, took 15.2 million pounds in 2011, according to newly released accounts.
From this he paid himself a salary of 13.3 million pounds.
In 2010 his sponsorship deals brought in 14.9 million pounds and took home 11.6 million pounds.
Beckham also earns millions through a joint firm with wife Victoria, 38, which collects money from their perfume ranges as well as contracts with clothes chain H and M.
“The figures are a clear sign that Brand Beckham is as strong as ever. David may be nearing retirement from football, but his image is still as valued as ever,” a source said.
“It’s expected the earnings for 2012 will be even higher than last year, which is extraordinary for a player in the final years of his sporting career. His role in the Olympic opening ceremony will certainly help,” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'