Becks’ brand pocketed £15.2 m in 2011
London: David Beckham took home a whopping 13.3 million pounds from sponsorship deals last year, it has been revealed.
The LA Galaxy star golden haul was up 1.7million pounds on the year before, and it came on top of the footie legend’s 2.5-million-pound salary from his club.
Beckham, 37, who helped bring the Olympic flame to the London 2012 opening ceremony last month, earned over 36,000 pounds a day as the face of brands like Armani, adidas, Samsung and Diet Coke.
His company Footwork Productions, which manages his entertainment work and image rights, took 15.2 million pounds in 2011, according to newly released accounts.
From this he paid himself a salary of 13.3 million pounds.
In 2010 his sponsorship deals brought in 14.9 million pounds and took home 11.6 million pounds.
Beckham also earns millions through a joint firm with wife Victoria, 38, which collects money from their perfume ranges as well as contracts with clothes chain H and M.
“The figures are a clear sign that Brand Beckham is as strong as ever. David may be nearing retirement from football, but his image is still as valued as ever,” a source said.
“It’s expected the earnings for 2012 will be even higher than last year, which is extraordinary for a player in the final years of his sporting career. His role in the Olympic opening ceremony will certainly help,” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid