Becks signs up for acting role in TV comedy
London: David Beckham has landed another acting stint, playing himself on former Friends star Matthew Perry’s new TV comedy ‘Go On’.
Perry is said to be building a wish list of athletes he’d like for cameos in the comedy sitcom in which he is playing a sports broadcaster struggling to cope after the death of his wife.
Beckham, who previously played himself in 2005 film Goal!, has already agreed to appear in one of the episodes, while Matthew is also aiming for ice hockey star Wayne Gretzky and tennis ace Jimmy Connors.
“We’ve talked to David Beckham and he said that he would do it, so that was very exciting,” the Sun quoted Perry as saying.
“We have asked (ice hockey icon) Wayne Gretzky; I’d love to have him on the show at some point,” he said.
“My favourite athlete of all time is (tennis ace) Jimmy Connors, so, I guess my hope is that we get Jimmy Connors to come back and work with me again, which would be a dream come true,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway