Big B unveils Mary Kom`s autobiography
Mumbai: Olympic medal-winning boxer M.C. Mary Kom has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, especially from the northeast, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said Monday.
"Mary Kom is already a legendary figure in the country, loved and admired by all. She has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, more so from the northeast. The book beautifully brings out her indestructible spirit and is an inspirational read for everyone," Amitabh said after unveiling her autobiography "Unbreakable" here.
He also donned boxing gloves as he posed for the media.
Speaking on the occasion, Mary said: "My struggle has been one that many in our country face, especially women. The reason I decided to pen my story down was so others could read it and feel that if I could achieve what I have, so can they."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!