Big B unveils Mary Kom`s autobiography
Mumbai: Olympic medal-winning boxer M.C. Mary Kom has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, especially from the northeast, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said Monday.
"Mary Kom is already a legendary figure in the country, loved and admired by all. She has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, more so from the northeast. The book beautifully brings out her indestructible spirit and is an inspirational read for everyone," Amitabh said after unveiling her autobiography "Unbreakable" here.
He also donned boxing gloves as he posed for the media.
Speaking on the occasion, Mary said: "My struggle has been one that many in our country face, especially women. The reason I decided to pen my story down was so others could read it and feel that if I could achieve what I have, so can they."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...