Big B unveils Mary Kom`s autobiography
Mumbai: Olympic medal-winning boxer M.C. Mary Kom has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, especially from the northeast, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said Monday.
"Mary Kom is already a legendary figure in the country, loved and admired by all. She has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, more so from the northeast. The book beautifully brings out her indestructible spirit and is an inspirational read for everyone," Amitabh said after unveiling her autobiography "Unbreakable" here.
He also donned boxing gloves as he posed for the media.
Speaking on the occasion, Mary said: "My struggle has been one that many in our country face, especially women. The reason I decided to pen my story down was so others could read it and feel that if I could achieve what I have, so can they."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred