Big B unveils Mary Kom`s autobiography
Mumbai: Olympic medal-winning boxer M.C. Mary Kom has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, especially from the northeast, megastar Amitabh Bachchan said Monday.
"Mary Kom is already a legendary figure in the country, loved and admired by all. She has made innumerable contributions in breaking stereotypes about women, more so from the northeast. The book beautifully brings out her indestructible spirit and is an inspirational read for everyone," Amitabh said after unveiling her autobiography "Unbreakable" here.
He also donned boxing gloves as he posed for the media.
Speaking on the occasion, Mary said: "My struggle has been one that many in our country face, especially women. The reason I decided to pen my story down was so others could read it and feel that if I could achieve what I have, so can they."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story