Brazil striker Fabiano reveals Bolt inspiration
Rio de Janeiro: Recalled Brazil striker Luis Fabiano has vowed to celebrate in "Usain Bolt style" if he scores in Wednesday`s international friendly against Argentina.
Fabiano, who has not played at international level since Brazil`s quarterfinal loss to the Netherlands at the 2010 World Cup, revealed he has drawn inspiration from the Olympic sprinter, reports Xinhua.
"I am a fan of the guy and if I score you`re going to see a Bolt celebration," Fabiano said Monday.
Dubbed the "Super Classico of the Americas", Brazil will host Argentina in Goiania on Sep 19 before a return match in Resistencia, Argentina, on Oct 3. Both teams have selected only South American-based players.
Fabiano, who has scored 28 goals in 43 international matches, admitted there was little margin for error in his bid to reclaim a permanent spot in Brazil`s team.
"I need to show that I can give the team good service," the 31-year-old said.
"The fact that I am the oldest player in the squad doesn`t mean anything. I have always been able to make the most of my opportunities. In 2007 I played my first match for Brazil due to an injury to another player and scored two goals. I have to take my chances when they come because they are few and far between."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price