Brett Lee `mends fences` with Piers Morgan over `dinner
Wellington: Legendary Australian fast bowler Brett Lee and British TV host Piers Morgan have reportedly `mended fences` over dinner and expensive red wine after Lee cracked Morgan`s wrist and ribs in a controversial cricket media stunt.
The former Australian cricketer and the British media personality have been at the centre of international media attention following a stunt that saw Morgan enter the nets during the tea break of the fourth Ashes Test to face down six brutally quick balls from Lee, which were criticised as being irresponsible and dangerous.
According to Stuff.co.nz, however, the two were spotted dining together at a Sydney restaurant, with Lee footing the bill for dinner and Morgan quipped that the bowler had to compensate him for every rib that he broke and the bruise on his hip.
Stating that the dinner and the wine, which he termed as magnificent, was Lee`s way of saying that there are no hard feelings, Morgan insisted that despite his wounds, he has no regrets and hoped that his message got through to the English cricket team that they have been a `bunch of wusses` in the winter Ashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!