Bruno Mars to sing at 2014 Super Bowl Halftime show
New York: Singer Bruno Mars is set to perform in the 2014 Pepsi Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show set for February 2, 2014, and is very excited at the prospect for which he will also bring along his eight-piece band, The Hooligans.
According to US weekly, Mars first broke out into the music scene when he was featured on the B.O.B. song ``Nothin`` On You`` in 2010. He released his debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, later that year and since then, Mars has become a 14-time Grammy Award nominee and winner and has sold over 115 million singles worldwide, the report said.
The performer will have plenty of songs to choose from for the most-watched musical event of the year, which broadcast to over 110.5 million viewers in the U.S. last year, the report added.
Mars now joins an elite pack of Super Bowl halftime megastars like Beyonce, Madonna,
The Who, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Paul McCartney and U2, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?