Bruno Mars to sing at 2014 Super Bowl Halftime show
New York: Singer Bruno Mars is set to perform in the 2014 Pepsi Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show set for February 2, 2014, and is very excited at the prospect for which he will also bring along his eight-piece band, The Hooligans.
According to US weekly, Mars first broke out into the music scene when he was featured on the B.O.B. song ``Nothin`` On You`` in 2010. He released his debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, later that year and since then, Mars has become a 14-time Grammy Award nominee and winner and has sold over 115 million singles worldwide, the report said.
The performer will have plenty of songs to choose from for the most-watched musical event of the year, which broadcast to over 110.5 million viewers in the U.S. last year, the report added.
Mars now joins an elite pack of Super Bowl halftime megastars like Beyonce, Madonna,
The Who, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Paul McCartney and U2, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Arvind Kejriwal got in IIT- Kharagpur through fake quota? Subramanian Swamy to reveal soon
- Hope more Indian A-listers take chances in Hollywood: Deepika Padukone
- US official: Investigators can't download EgyptAir recorders
- 100% FDI in defence need of the hour: Venkaiah Naidu
- Will renew myself with each film: Alia Bhatt