Bruno Mars to sing at 2014 Super Bowl Halftime show
New York: Singer Bruno Mars is set to perform in the 2014 Pepsi Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show set for February 2, 2014, and is very excited at the prospect for which he will also bring along his eight-piece band, The Hooligans.
According to US weekly, Mars first broke out into the music scene when he was featured on the B.O.B. song ``Nothin`` On You`` in 2010. He released his debut album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans, later that year and since then, Mars has become a 14-time Grammy Award nominee and winner and has sold over 115 million singles worldwide, the report said.
The performer will have plenty of songs to choose from for the most-watched musical event of the year, which broadcast to over 110.5 million viewers in the U.S. last year, the report added.
Mars now joins an elite pack of Super Bowl halftime megastars like Beyonce, Madonna,
The Who, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Paul McCartney and U2, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!