Button’s girl tears up after emotional Japanese Grand Prix victory
London: British Formula 1 driver, Jenson Button’s girlfriend Jessica Michibata was reduced to tears after her boyfriend won the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka.
It was an emotional win for the Japanese model, as she had survived the earthquake that devastated her country seven months ago.
“Jessica was bawling her eyes out. It made it difficult for me to stop myself from crying,” the Sun quoted Button as saying.
“This feels like a home win for me and it is a very emotional victory."
“Hopefully, we’ve planted a good memory in the fans’ heads because Japan has had a hard time,” he added.
Michibata, 26, was on a photo-shoot in Tokyo when the massive 8.9 magnitude quake struck in March, with Button spending several frantic hours trying to find out if she was safe.
Button has raised millions of pounds for the earthquake victims, and is also said to auction his race helmet from the Japanese victory to raise more funds.
The Brit’s win in Suzuka could still not stop Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel from becoming the youngest double champ in Formula One history who finished third at the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?