Button’s girl tears up after emotional Japanese Grand Prix victory
London: British Formula 1 driver, Jenson Button’s girlfriend Jessica Michibata was reduced to tears after her boyfriend won the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka.
It was an emotional win for the Japanese model, as she had survived the earthquake that devastated her country seven months ago.
“Jessica was bawling her eyes out. It made it difficult for me to stop myself from crying,” the Sun quoted Button as saying.
“This feels like a home win for me and it is a very emotional victory."
“Hopefully, we’ve planted a good memory in the fans’ heads because Japan has had a hard time,” he added.
Michibata, 26, was on a photo-shoot in Tokyo when the massive 8.9 magnitude quake struck in March, with Button spending several frantic hours trying to find out if she was safe.
Button has raised millions of pounds for the earthquake victims, and is also said to auction his race helmet from the Japanese victory to raise more funds.
The Brit’s win in Suzuka could still not stop Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel from becoming the youngest double champ in Formula One history who finished third at the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'