Coca Cola features Tendulkar on its cans
New Delhi: Soft drink giant, Coca-Cola India will be featuring iconic batsman Sachin Tendulkar on its cans to commemorate his historic 100th century scored recently against Bangladesh in the ongoing Asia Cup.
While nine of such cans in different colors have been launched in the markets in 2011, displaying his centuries personally hand-picked by Sachin, the 10th limited edition Golden Can was put on hold awaiting Sachin`s 100th hundred in international cricket. The can features a picture of Tendulkar along with statistics of the 10 selected centuries.
According to Atul Singh, President & CEO, Coca-Cola India and South West Asia, "Sachin has spread happiness and joy ever since he held the cricket bat in his hand. It is not just his on field achievements but also his off the field conduct which makes him a role model for millions of people around the world.
"Today he sits at the pinnacle of international cricket and we at Coca-Cola India compliment and salute his achievement of the 100th Hundred.
"Sachin is a part of the Coca-Cola family, and our entire system joins the country in the revelry and celebrations, by releasing the special edition Coca-Cola `happiness` cans – our tribute to the master," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi