Coca Cola features Tendulkar on its cans
New Delhi: Soft drink giant, Coca-Cola India will be featuring iconic batsman Sachin Tendulkar on its cans to commemorate his historic 100th century scored recently against Bangladesh in the ongoing Asia Cup.
While nine of such cans in different colors have been launched in the markets in 2011, displaying his centuries personally hand-picked by Sachin, the 10th limited edition Golden Can was put on hold awaiting Sachin`s 100th hundred in international cricket. The can features a picture of Tendulkar along with statistics of the 10 selected centuries.
According to Atul Singh, President & CEO, Coca-Cola India and South West Asia, "Sachin has spread happiness and joy ever since he held the cricket bat in his hand. It is not just his on field achievements but also his off the field conduct which makes him a role model for millions of people around the world.
"Today he sits at the pinnacle of international cricket and we at Coca-Cola India compliment and salute his achievement of the 100th Hundred.
"Sachin is a part of the Coca-Cola family, and our entire system joins the country in the revelry and celebrations, by releasing the special edition Coca-Cola `happiness` cans – our tribute to the master," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation