Cricketer Gony threatens mother over property dispute
Chandigarh: Cricketer Manpreet Singh Gony`s mother on Friday accused her son of threatening to kill her over a disputed property at Mohali.
70-year-old Mohinder Kaur levelled serious accusations against her son Manpreet, who has played for India as well, at a press conference here.
"If today something happens to me it will be Gony who will be responsible for it," she said lamenting that her son was the "prime conspirator" behind all ills against her.
She alleged that she had put her case before the police several times but no action had been taken so far.
"Gony is harassing me at the behest of his wife and elder brother and his wife, my husband is also assisting them in their illegal designs," she said.
Kaur, who is living in her house in Mohali, said that even her son at many occasions had threatened her with dire consequences.
She alleged that Gony, his brother Manmohan Singh, his wife Amandeep Kaur and their father Sarwan Singh had also tried to kill her.
"I am a senior citizen and suffering from injustice at the hands of my own relatives," she said in her written complaint to police.
"I have been continuously pressurised to hand over the property shares to Gony," she alleged.
Seeking justice, she urged police to register a case against her relatives whose names have been mentioned in the complaint.
Gony is youngest of her three sons. One of his brothers is settled abroad.
Meanwhile, Gony trashed the accusations levelled by his mother as "baseless."
"I got separated from my family six years back. After that I had no connections with them (family members)," Gony said over phone from Himachal Pardesh.
"I had nothing to do with my mother," Gony, who got married allegedly against the wishes of her mother few years back, said.
Meanwhile, police said that it was looking into the complaint and verifying the facts.
Sources close to the family said that there has been long standing dispute among the family members over the property and some land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali