Cristiano Ronaldo rejects getting `inked` to donate blood
Melbourne: Cristiano Ronaldo confessed that he would never get his skin inked as he wanted to continue donating blood.
The 29-year-old Portugal footie ace, who reportedly gives blood twice a year, doesn`t feel the need to get a tattoo, as in many countries, people with new tattoos can cause risks of cross-contamination and hepatitis while donating blood.
The Real Madrid star, who had also started donating bone marrow, said that he started the noble act when he learned about his teammate Carlos Martins`s son`s suffering, News.com.au reported.
Ronaldo added that donating bone marrow was almost like drawing blood, and he would gladly do it again as he understands the seriousness of the disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video