Cycling star Evans adopts Ethiopian boy
Canberra: Australia`s cycling star Cadel Evans, the Tour de France champion in 2011, is adopting a year-old Ethiopian boy with his wife, a report said Wednesday.
Evans said on his Twitter Tuesday that he was "busy baby sitting".
His wife, Chiara Passerini, also confirmed that the couple had travelled to Ethiopia to adopt a child.
"We came here to bring home our little 12-month boy after months of paperwork," she said. "We always felt the strong wish to adopt, so we decided to start our family through adoption."
The 34-year-old Evans was the first Australian to win the Tour de France and the oldest cyclist in 88 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery