Cycling star Evans adopts Ethiopian boy
Canberra: Australia`s cycling star Cadel Evans, the Tour de France champion in 2011, is adopting a year-old Ethiopian boy with his wife, a report said Wednesday.
Evans said on his Twitter Tuesday that he was "busy baby sitting".
His wife, Chiara Passerini, also confirmed that the couple had travelled to Ethiopia to adopt a child.
"We came here to bring home our little 12-month boy after months of paperwork," she said. "We always felt the strong wish to adopt, so we decided to start our family through adoption."
The 34-year-old Evans was the first Australian to win the Tour de France and the oldest cyclist in 88 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug