Cycling star Evans adopts Ethiopian boy
Canberra: Australia`s cycling star Cadel Evans, the Tour de France champion in 2011, is adopting a year-old Ethiopian boy with his wife, a report said Wednesday.
Evans said on his Twitter Tuesday that he was "busy baby sitting".
His wife, Chiara Passerini, also confirmed that the couple had travelled to Ethiopia to adopt a child.
"We came here to bring home our little 12-month boy after months of paperwork," she said. "We always felt the strong wish to adopt, so we decided to start our family through adoption."
The 34-year-old Evans was the first Australian to win the Tour de France and the oldest cyclist in 88 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal