David Gower wanted to be game ranger in Africa as a kid
London: Former England captain David Gower has revealed that he wanted to be a game ranger in Africa.
The cricket legend, who captained England in their 1985 Ashes victory over Australia, said that he did not always wanted to be a cricketer but a game ranger in Africa where he lived until about six.
However, Gower added that cricket came through.
Gower said that at 19 or 17 he started to think about playing professionally, adding that his first pay packet for English county club Leicestershire was 25 pounds in 1975.
Since retiring from cricket Gower has enjoyed a successful TV career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!