Deadly striker` Ozil is a pretty decent doctor too!
London: Footballer Mesut Ozil became a hero as Germany`s physiotherapist injured his leg and broke his finger while running onto the pitch to treat injured defender Marcel Schmelzer in a World Cup qualifier against Austria in Munich, in a rather amusing but unfortunate, double calamity.
According to metro.co.uk, the Germans are known for the efficiency, of course, and roles were reversed as the players, including new Arsenal signing Mesut Ozil, reacted quickly to the emergency.
The physio, Klaus Eder said that the way the players had reacted was very comforting and that Philipp Lahm brought him the ice pack, while Ozil and Miroslav Klose held him and led him off the field. The 60-year-old added that now he had to put into practice what he always told his patients, by being patient and not expecting a lot of progress too soon.
The caring hosts won the game 3-0 thanks to goals from Miroslav Klose, Toni Kroos and Thomas Muller to send Joachim Low``s men five points clear of nearest rivals Sweden at the top of Group C, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan