Delhi announces Rs.25 lakh reward for Unmukt Chand
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Tuesday announced a cash reward of Rs.25 lakh for teenaged cricketer Unmukt Chand who led the Indian team to victory in the final of U-19 cricket World Cup.
Dikshit made the announcement during a discussion in the Delhi assembly`s ongoing monsoon session.
Earlier, Unmukt Chand called on Dikshit in her office at Delhi Secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid