Dhoni holds private meeting with Kolkata police
Kolkata: A day after India`s series-clinching win against the West Indies, skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni had a long and private meeting with top officials of Kolkata Police.
Joint Commissioner Jawed Shamim, who arranged the meeting in the police headquarters, said "it was a formal visit...he spent more than two hours with senior officers including Police Commissioner R K Pachananda and preferred Chinese in the menu."
Known for his fascination for motorcycles, Dhoni had last year visited the police headquarters to inspect some old motorcycles.
But it seemed to be more private with a strict no-no to media and photographers.
Meanwhile West Windies cricketers had a day out, visiting the Victorial Memorial Hall and Alipore Zoo.
While Sachin Tendulkar and some other cricketers left yesterday, the rest along with the visitors are to fly to Mumbai tomorrow afternoon.
The third and final Test begins in Mumbai from November 22.
India lead the thee-Test series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists