Dhoni holds private meeting with Kolkata police
Kolkata: A day after India`s series-clinching win against the West Indies, skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni had a long and private meeting with top officials of Kolkata Police.
Joint Commissioner Jawed Shamim, who arranged the meeting in the police headquarters, said "it was a formal visit...he spent more than two hours with senior officers including Police Commissioner R K Pachananda and preferred Chinese in the menu."
Known for his fascination for motorcycles, Dhoni had last year visited the police headquarters to inspect some old motorcycles.
But it seemed to be more private with a strict no-no to media and photographers.
Meanwhile West Windies cricketers had a day out, visiting the Victorial Memorial Hall and Alipore Zoo.
While Sachin Tendulkar and some other cricketers left yesterday, the rest along with the visitors are to fly to Mumbai tomorrow afternoon.
The third and final Test begins in Mumbai from November 22.
India lead the thee-Test series 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus