Dhoni launches his own line of fragrances
Dubai: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni joined the likes of Roger Federer and David Beckham when he launched his own signature brand of international perfumes at an event here.
Dhoni became the first Indian cricketer to launch his line of fragrances named `7 By MS Dhoni` because the cricketer`s lucky number is 7.
In an event held last night at the Al Joharah Ballroom in Madinat Jumeirah, the Indian skipper launched a collection of six body sprays and perfumes.
The six fragrances are named Intense, Power, Action, Connect, Cool and Energy. The collection of perfumes is based on his own choice of fragrances.
"I was born on the 7th of July in 1981, my jersey number is seven, and thus number seven is very special for me. I love the number 7," said Dhoni.
"It is a neutral number, it is neither negative or positive so that means the (fragrance) can reflect you. If you are positive and you work hard then it will all be positive for you," he added.
When asked if the names of his six fragrances were cricket shots, what would they be, Dhoni replied, "You can`t miss the helicopter shot because that is what people associate me with but I think most of the fragrances would be a straight drive or a cover drive, shots like those, orthodox, but one of them would be the helicopter shot."
"It`s not my favourite but I like my "Energy" perfume and I think it`s a bit special, so that would be the helicopter shot," he said.
Rhiti Sports Management, the firm that manages Dhoni`s business portfolio, has partnered with Dubai-based Beauty Contact to launch the men`s fragrances range in the global market.
Beauty Contact is acknowledged as the name behind the success of top celebrity fragrance brands in over 20 countries, including those of Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Perry Ellis, Maria Sharapova, Alfred Sung, Hummer and Bob Mackie.
The Indian captain will be personally involved in the creation, formulation and development of the M S Dhoni line of fragrances, which caters exclusively to men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!