Dhoni, Ranbir to star in commercial together
New Delhi: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni will be seen with Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor in Pepsi`s latest ad campaign ahead of the ICC World Twenty20 Championships starting September 18 in Sri Lanka.
"The campaign revolves around the passionate spirit of the young Indian Twenty20 cricket fans who enjoy watching the exciting format with the same irrepressible and unorthodox fervour reflected in the cricketers` game on-field. A cricket fan himself, Ranbir shows the cricketers, including Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina the `Na Tameez` the irreverent and zany side of T20 fans," the company said in a statement.
Speaking about the new campaign Homi Battiwalla, Senior Director ? Marketing (Colas, Juices and Hydration), PepsiCo India said, "In true Pepsi style, the campaign is irreverent and the Indian cricket fans, led by Ranbir Kapoor show how they Change the Game off-field."
Dhoni said he enjoyed shooting the commercial.
"It was a great experience shooting the commercial with Ranbir Kapoor, our celebrated cricketers and more importantly the fans of the sport."
Ranbir Kapoor said the new ad would be entertaining.
"The latest Pepsi campaign reiterates that and brings forth the nation`s love for the sport in a refreshing twist. I am really excited about the ad film as it gave me an opportunity to work with one of the most celebrated captains of the Indian Cricket team, MS Dhoni for the first time."
The ad film opens with the shot of a bus taking the cricketers breaking down in a busy neighbourhood. Ranbir Kapoor appears from top of the bus and starts interacting with the cricketers.
They are taken by surprise when other fans in the area also join Ranbir to demonstrate their fun response to the cricketers` playing format and some of their favourite shots. Witnessing the absolute craziness of the fans around, Dhoni finally asks Ranbir - "yaar yeh kya tameez hai?" to which the young actor responds in a quirky manner, `Yeh T20 hai boss, na tameez se khela jaata hai and then he`s joined by the fans who say, `na tameez se dekha jaata hai`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi