Dhoni, Ranbir to star in commercial together
New Delhi: Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni will be seen with Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor in Pepsi`s latest ad campaign ahead of the ICC World Twenty20 Championships starting September 18 in Sri Lanka.
"The campaign revolves around the passionate spirit of the young Indian Twenty20 cricket fans who enjoy watching the exciting format with the same irrepressible and unorthodox fervour reflected in the cricketers` game on-field. A cricket fan himself, Ranbir shows the cricketers, including Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina the `Na Tameez` the irreverent and zany side of T20 fans," the company said in a statement.
Speaking about the new campaign Homi Battiwalla, Senior Director ? Marketing (Colas, Juices and Hydration), PepsiCo India said, "In true Pepsi style, the campaign is irreverent and the Indian cricket fans, led by Ranbir Kapoor show how they Change the Game off-field."
Dhoni said he enjoyed shooting the commercial.
"It was a great experience shooting the commercial with Ranbir Kapoor, our celebrated cricketers and more importantly the fans of the sport."
Ranbir Kapoor said the new ad would be entertaining.
"The latest Pepsi campaign reiterates that and brings forth the nation`s love for the sport in a refreshing twist. I am really excited about the ad film as it gave me an opportunity to work with one of the most celebrated captains of the Indian Cricket team, MS Dhoni for the first time."
The ad film opens with the shot of a bus taking the cricketers breaking down in a busy neighbourhood. Ranbir Kapoor appears from top of the bus and starts interacting with the cricketers.
They are taken by surprise when other fans in the area also join Ranbir to demonstrate their fun response to the cricketers` playing format and some of their favourite shots. Witnessing the absolute craziness of the fans around, Dhoni finally asks Ranbir - "yaar yeh kya tameez hai?" to which the young actor responds in a quirky manner, `Yeh T20 hai boss, na tameez se khela jaata hai and then he`s joined by the fans who say, `na tameez se dekha jaata hai`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling