Dhoni richer than Alonso, Hamilton, Bolt, Nadal, Djokovic!
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricket team’s captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been ranked at 16th place on Forbes` list of highest-paid athletes in the world. Golfer Tiger Woods is the highest paid athlete, according to Forbes.
With an earnings of USD 31.5 million (approx Rs 180 crores) Dhoni becomes the highest ranked among the Indian atheletes. The only other Indian sportsman in the list is Sachin Tendulkar. He is ranked 31st with a total annual earning of USD 22 million (Rs 125 crores).
Last year Dhoni was placed at 31 which means that his earnings increased manifold during the last year.
Other notable sportsmen, who are behind MSD are Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso (19th), Northern Ireland golfer Rory McIlroy (21st spot), Lewis Hamilton (26th), Novak Djokovic (28th), Rafael Nadal (30th) and Usain Bolt (40th).
Three women led by tennis ace Maria Sharapova, who ranks No.22 with an earning of USD 29 million, Serena Williams and Chinese star Li Na also featured in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India