Dhoni richer than Alonso, Hamilton, Bolt, Nadal, Djokovic!
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indian cricket team’s captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been ranked at 16th place on Forbes` list of highest-paid athletes in the world. Golfer Tiger Woods is the highest paid athlete, according to Forbes.
With an earnings of USD 31.5 million (approx Rs 180 crores) Dhoni becomes the highest ranked among the Indian atheletes. The only other Indian sportsman in the list is Sachin Tendulkar. He is ranked 31st with a total annual earning of USD 22 million (Rs 125 crores).
Last year Dhoni was placed at 31 which means that his earnings increased manifold during the last year.
Other notable sportsmen, who are behind MSD are Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso (19th), Northern Ireland golfer Rory McIlroy (21st spot), Lewis Hamilton (26th), Novak Djokovic (28th), Rafael Nadal (30th) and Usain Bolt (40th).
Three women led by tennis ace Maria Sharapova, who ranks No.22 with an earning of USD 29 million, Serena Williams and Chinese star Li Na also featured in the list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!