Djokovic`s coach Becker is a soccer fan!
Johannesburg: World No. 2 Novak Djokovic, who will face Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final, has revealed that his post-match debriefing with coach Boris Becker was cut short, because the German dashed off to watch his country`s FIFA World Cup quarterfinal.
Djokovic advanced to his third Wimbledon final in four years with a 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7/2), 7-6 (9/7) victory over Bulgaria`s Grigor Dimitrov on Friday and then headed to the Centre Court locker room where he expected to analyse his performance with Becker.
However, the Serb arrived to find Becker looking agitated and he was initially left confused when the three-time Wimbledon champion made his excuses and quickly disappeared, Sport24 reported.
Djokovic, who won Wimbledon in 2011, later realised that Becker, a passionate football fan who once had a trial with his boyhood heroes Bayern Munich, was keen to find a place to watch Germany face France in the World Cup quarterfinal in Brazil.
Djokovic said that that is why he did not see his coach for an hour, adding that he did saw Becker after the match and the coach told him that they would talk later.
The Serb said that Becker was a bit stressed after the match and he told his coach that the match is over, but he just replied `see you later`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion