Djokovic`s coach Becker is a soccer fan!
Johannesburg: World No. 2 Novak Djokovic, who will face Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final, has revealed that his post-match debriefing with coach Boris Becker was cut short, because the German dashed off to watch his country`s FIFA World Cup quarterfinal.
Djokovic advanced to his third Wimbledon final in four years with a 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7/2), 7-6 (9/7) victory over Bulgaria`s Grigor Dimitrov on Friday and then headed to the Centre Court locker room where he expected to analyse his performance with Becker.
However, the Serb arrived to find Becker looking agitated and he was initially left confused when the three-time Wimbledon champion made his excuses and quickly disappeared, Sport24 reported.
Djokovic, who won Wimbledon in 2011, later realised that Becker, a passionate football fan who once had a trial with his boyhood heroes Bayern Munich, was keen to find a place to watch Germany face France in the World Cup quarterfinal in Brazil.
Djokovic said that that is why he did not see his coach for an hour, adding that he did saw Becker after the match and the coach told him that they would talk later.
The Serb said that Becker was a bit stressed after the match and he told his coach that the match is over, but he just replied `see you later`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?