Drogba plans to build 3 million pound hospital in Ivory Coast
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is planning to build a three million pound hospital in his the Ivory Coast.
The hospital is expected to get funds from the Didier Drogba Foundation, which was set up five years ago. It will be built in Abidjan, one of the poorest areas in the Ivory Coast.
Plans also included construction of a number of satellite clinics in different parts of the country.
Development of these medical facilities is up and running again, and the hospital could be open by the end of the year.
Drogba told a daily: “I am already excited. I can`t wait for this hospital to be built.”
“But for the war it would have been open now. We are going to do it, we are going to work hard,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017