Drogba plans to build 3 million pound hospital in Ivory Coast
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is planning to build a three million pound hospital in his the Ivory Coast.
The hospital is expected to get funds from the Didier Drogba Foundation, which was set up five years ago. It will be built in Abidjan, one of the poorest areas in the Ivory Coast.
Plans also included construction of a number of satellite clinics in different parts of the country.
Development of these medical facilities is up and running again, and the hospital could be open by the end of the year.
Drogba told a daily: “I am already excited. I can`t wait for this hospital to be built.”
“But for the war it would have been open now. We are going to do it, we are going to work hard,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price