Drogba plans to build 3 million pound hospital in Ivory Coast
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is planning to build a three million pound hospital in his the Ivory Coast.
The hospital is expected to get funds from the Didier Drogba Foundation, which was set up five years ago. It will be built in Abidjan, one of the poorest areas in the Ivory Coast.
Plans also included construction of a number of satellite clinics in different parts of the country.
Development of these medical facilities is up and running again, and the hospital could be open by the end of the year.
Drogba told a daily: “I am already excited. I can`t wait for this hospital to be built.”
“But for the war it would have been open now. We are going to do it, we are going to work hard,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened