‘Dutiful’ fiance Shane Warne joins Liz Hurley at breast cancer charity event
London: Shane Warne joined his bride-to-be Elizabeth Hurley as she hosted a breast cancer charity event in Edinburgh, fitting very nicely into his first role as a dutiful fiance.
In his dapper suit and pink tie, the cricket legend, 42, proudly stood back as the Austin Powers actress spoke about Estee Lauder’s fundraising campaign at the Jenners department store, reports the Daily Mail.
Aside from her striking pink dress, all eyes were on Hurley’s 50,000-pound diamond and sapphire engagement ring.
Although happy to join her on stage and pose for photos, Warne was just there to support his fiancée, letting her do all the talking.
Ahead of the launch, he wrote on his Twitter page: “‘Looking forward to accompanying EH to light up Jenners tonight in Edinburgh in aid of breast cancer research ! Well done E !!!! Xxx.’
Clearly still reeling in her excitement at the proposal, Hurley tweeted: “Come back to see me light the store pink at 6pm. Hoping my Big Blonde fiancé will be helping me...”
Divorced father-of-three Warne popped the question to the model at St Andrews on Friday after a whirlwind 10-month romance.
Their plans to wed come just four months after she divorced first husband Arun Nayar after four years of marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick