Eubanks challenges Murdoch to bout in phone hacking scandal
London: Former world champion boxer Chris Eubank has challenged media tycoon Rupert Murdoch to a gargantuan battle on Monday, over phone-hacking, after rejecting a 21,000 pound offer of compensation, branding it as derisory.
46-year old Eubank is one of hundreds of celebrities who allegedly had their voice mails intercepted by Murdoch`s now defunct News of the World.
Representing himself at the High Court in London, the boxer joked about Murdoch`s wife, Wendi who floored a protester who tried to attack her husband at the House of Commons in 2011.
Eubank said he knows that Mrs. Murdoch has a pretty good left hook so he is going to ask her to be gentle with him.
Meanwhile, Labour MP Siobhain McDonagh accepted 50,000 pound and an apology from Murdoch`s Sun newspaper over accessed text messages. Murdoch is facing a number of celebrities alleging voice mail interceptions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors