Eubanks challenges Murdoch to bout in phone hacking scandal
London: Former world champion boxer Chris Eubank has challenged media tycoon Rupert Murdoch to a gargantuan battle on Monday, over phone-hacking, after rejecting a 21,000 pound offer of compensation, branding it as derisory.
46-year old Eubank is one of hundreds of celebrities who allegedly had their voice mails intercepted by Murdoch`s now defunct News of the World.
Representing himself at the High Court in London, the boxer joked about Murdoch`s wife, Wendi who floored a protester who tried to attack her husband at the House of Commons in 2011.
Eubank said he knows that Mrs. Murdoch has a pretty good left hook so he is going to ask her to be gentle with him.
Meanwhile, Labour MP Siobhain McDonagh accepted 50,000 pound and an apology from Murdoch`s Sun newspaper over accessed text messages. Murdoch is facing a number of celebrities alleging voice mail interceptions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir