Eubanks challenges Murdoch to bout in phone hacking scandal
London: Former world champion boxer Chris Eubank has challenged media tycoon Rupert Murdoch to a gargantuan battle on Monday, over phone-hacking, after rejecting a 21,000 pound offer of compensation, branding it as derisory.
46-year old Eubank is one of hundreds of celebrities who allegedly had their voice mails intercepted by Murdoch`s now defunct News of the World.
Representing himself at the High Court in London, the boxer joked about Murdoch`s wife, Wendi who floored a protester who tried to attack her husband at the House of Commons in 2011.
Eubank said he knows that Mrs. Murdoch has a pretty good left hook so he is going to ask her to be gentle with him.
Meanwhile, Labour MP Siobhain McDonagh accepted 50,000 pound and an apology from Murdoch`s Sun newspaper over accessed text messages. Murdoch is facing a number of celebrities alleging voice mail interceptions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees