Eubanks challenges Murdoch to bout in phone hacking scandal
London: Former world champion boxer Chris Eubank has challenged media tycoon Rupert Murdoch to a gargantuan battle on Monday, over phone-hacking, after rejecting a 21,000 pound offer of compensation, branding it as derisory.
46-year old Eubank is one of hundreds of celebrities who allegedly had their voice mails intercepted by Murdoch`s now defunct News of the World.
Representing himself at the High Court in London, the boxer joked about Murdoch`s wife, Wendi who floored a protester who tried to attack her husband at the House of Commons in 2011.
Eubank said he knows that Mrs. Murdoch has a pretty good left hook so he is going to ask her to be gentle with him.
Meanwhile, Labour MP Siobhain McDonagh accepted 50,000 pound and an apology from Murdoch`s Sun newspaper over accessed text messages. Murdoch is facing a number of celebrities alleging voice mail interceptions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan