Eubanks challenges Murdoch to bout in phone hacking scandal
London: Former world champion boxer Chris Eubank has challenged media tycoon Rupert Murdoch to a gargantuan battle on Monday, over phone-hacking, after rejecting a 21,000 pound offer of compensation, branding it as derisory.
46-year old Eubank is one of hundreds of celebrities who allegedly had their voice mails intercepted by Murdoch`s now defunct News of the World.
Representing himself at the High Court in London, the boxer joked about Murdoch`s wife, Wendi who floored a protester who tried to attack her husband at the House of Commons in 2011.
Eubank said he knows that Mrs. Murdoch has a pretty good left hook so he is going to ask her to be gentle with him.
Meanwhile, Labour MP Siobhain McDonagh accepted 50,000 pound and an apology from Murdoch`s Sun newspaper over accessed text messages. Murdoch is facing a number of celebrities alleging voice mail interceptions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?