Ganguly soaks in Durga Puja`s festive spirit
Kolkata: Taking a day off from the ongoing India-Australia series, former India captain turned commentator Sourav Ganguly joined the Durga Puja festivities at the Barisha Players` Corner pnadal.
"I`ve taken a break (from commentary in the India series), so I`m back home celebrating the pujas," Ganguly said while visiting the pandal here on Mahanavami, the penultimate day of the pujas.
Ganguly, the biggest cricketing idol here, was the cynosure of all eyes at the Players` Corner pandal on Biren Roy Road East in Behala.
Ganguly, who commentated in the only T20I of the series on October 10, said he would resume his commitment after celebrating Dussehra tomorrow.
"We have seen him dance to the drum beats and do the dhunuchi naach (a dance) in the past. We are expecting it this time also," Mithu Sarkar, one of the visitors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary