Ganguly soaks in Durga Puja`s festive spirit
Kolkata: Taking a day off from the ongoing India-Australia series, former India captain turned commentator Sourav Ganguly joined the Durga Puja festivities at the Barisha Players` Corner pnadal.
"I`ve taken a break (from commentary in the India series), so I`m back home celebrating the pujas," Ganguly said while visiting the pandal here on Mahanavami, the penultimate day of the pujas.
Ganguly, the biggest cricketing idol here, was the cynosure of all eyes at the Players` Corner pandal on Biren Roy Road East in Behala.
Ganguly, who commentated in the only T20I of the series on October 10, said he would resume his commitment after celebrating Dussehra tomorrow.
"We have seen him dance to the drum beats and do the dhunuchi naach (a dance) in the past. We are expecting it this time also," Mithu Sarkar, one of the visitors said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive