Ganguly soaks in Durga Puja`s festive spirit
Kolkata: Taking a day off from the ongoing India-Australia series, former India captain turned commentator Sourav Ganguly joined the Durga Puja festivities at the Barisha Players` Corner pnadal.
"I`ve taken a break (from commentary in the India series), so I`m back home celebrating the pujas," Ganguly said while visiting the pandal here on Mahanavami, the penultimate day of the pujas.
Ganguly, the biggest cricketing idol here, was the cynosure of all eyes at the Players` Corner pandal on Biren Roy Road East in Behala.
Ganguly, who commentated in the only T20I of the series on October 10, said he would resume his commitment after celebrating Dussehra tomorrow.
"We have seen him dance to the drum beats and do the dhunuchi naach (a dance) in the past. We are expecting it this time also," Mithu Sarkar, one of the visitors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!