Gayle gorges on `Chingri Macher Malai Curry`, Rosogolla
Kolkata: Dashing West Indies opener Chris Gayle was today `clean bowled` by authentic Bengali cuisine as he was seen gorging on `Chingdi Macher Malai Curry` (Prawn curry on coconut water), Mishti Doi and Rosogolla.
The former Kolkata Knight Riders batsman, who is popular here for his exploits in the IPL, struggled to eat the special prawn curry with fork and knife before settling down with his hands.
"Yes, I`m in India for some time now... I`ve to get myself adapted to the way people eat here," Gayle said in a lighter vein.
The `Chingdi Malai Curry` is also a favourite dish of Indian great Sachin Tendulkar.
Gayle was seen enjoying the dish at the Salt Lake restaurant before flying with his teammates to Mumbai for the second and final Test in the farewell series of Tendulkar.
"It was really fantastic," Gayle added on his experience.
After he finished eating `Chingdi Malai Curry`, Gayle had Mishti Doi and Rosogolla for desserts during his sumptuous Bengali lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?