Gayle gorges on `Chingri Macher Malai Curry`, Rosogolla
Kolkata: Dashing West Indies opener Chris Gayle was today `clean bowled` by authentic Bengali cuisine as he was seen gorging on `Chingdi Macher Malai Curry` (Prawn curry on coconut water), Mishti Doi and Rosogolla.
The former Kolkata Knight Riders batsman, who is popular here for his exploits in the IPL, struggled to eat the special prawn curry with fork and knife before settling down with his hands.
"Yes, I`m in India for some time now... I`ve to get myself adapted to the way people eat here," Gayle said in a lighter vein.
The `Chingdi Malai Curry` is also a favourite dish of Indian great Sachin Tendulkar.
Gayle was seen enjoying the dish at the Salt Lake restaurant before flying with his teammates to Mumbai for the second and final Test in the farewell series of Tendulkar.
"It was really fantastic," Gayle added on his experience.
After he finished eating `Chingdi Malai Curry`, Gayle had Mishti Doi and Rosogolla for desserts during his sumptuous Bengali lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal