Gayle gorges on `Chingri Macher Malai Curry`, Rosogolla
Kolkata: Dashing West Indies opener Chris Gayle was today `clean bowled` by authentic Bengali cuisine as he was seen gorging on `Chingdi Macher Malai Curry` (Prawn curry on coconut water), Mishti Doi and Rosogolla.
The former Kolkata Knight Riders batsman, who is popular here for his exploits in the IPL, struggled to eat the special prawn curry with fork and knife before settling down with his hands.
"Yes, I`m in India for some time now... I`ve to get myself adapted to the way people eat here," Gayle said in a lighter vein.
The `Chingdi Malai Curry` is also a favourite dish of Indian great Sachin Tendulkar.
Gayle was seen enjoying the dish at the Salt Lake restaurant before flying with his teammates to Mumbai for the second and final Test in the farewell series of Tendulkar.
"It was really fantastic," Gayle added on his experience.
After he finished eating `Chingdi Malai Curry`, Gayle had Mishti Doi and Rosogolla for desserts during his sumptuous Bengali lunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand