Gerrard `badly shaken` following `abusive` attack by thug
London: England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was reportedly attacked by a thug who threatened and hurled abuse at him outside a convenience store near his luxury home, raising concerns about the security for the football star and his family.
The attacker struck as Gerrard, who was alone, got out of his Range Rover in the upmarket village near Liverpool where he lives with his wife and their three daughters, assaulting, abusing and threatening the footballer before running away.
According to the Mirror, although Gerrard was not seriously hurt, he however, was left badly shaken by the assault, which is the latest in a series of incidents in which thugs have targeted Gerrard.
The report mentioned that in September, Gerrard had to be held back after a crazed fan scaled a perimeter wall at Liverpool`s training ground and yelled vile threats against his family, while in December 2007, masked raiders burst in and confronted Gerrard`s wife at their heavily protected home as the couple`s children slept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray