Gerrard `badly shaken` following `abusive` attack by thug
London: England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was reportedly attacked by a thug who threatened and hurled abuse at him outside a convenience store near his luxury home, raising concerns about the security for the football star and his family.
The attacker struck as Gerrard, who was alone, got out of his Range Rover in the upmarket village near Liverpool where he lives with his wife and their three daughters, assaulting, abusing and threatening the footballer before running away.
According to the Mirror, although Gerrard was not seriously hurt, he however, was left badly shaken by the assault, which is the latest in a series of incidents in which thugs have targeted Gerrard.
The report mentioned that in September, Gerrard had to be held back after a crazed fan scaled a perimeter wall at Liverpool`s training ground and yelled vile threats against his family, while in December 2007, masked raiders burst in and confronted Gerrard`s wife at their heavily protected home as the couple`s children slept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant