Gerrard `badly shaken` following `abusive` attack by thug
London: England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was reportedly attacked by a thug who threatened and hurled abuse at him outside a convenience store near his luxury home, raising concerns about the security for the football star and his family.
The attacker struck as Gerrard, who was alone, got out of his Range Rover in the upmarket village near Liverpool where he lives with his wife and their three daughters, assaulting, abusing and threatening the footballer before running away.
According to the Mirror, although Gerrard was not seriously hurt, he however, was left badly shaken by the assault, which is the latest in a series of incidents in which thugs have targeted Gerrard.
The report mentioned that in September, Gerrard had to be held back after a crazed fan scaled a perimeter wall at Liverpool`s training ground and yelled vile threats against his family, while in December 2007, masked raiders burst in and confronted Gerrard`s wife at their heavily protected home as the couple`s children slept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming