Gerrard `badly shaken` following `abusive` attack by thug
London: England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was reportedly attacked by a thug who threatened and hurled abuse at him outside a convenience store near his luxury home, raising concerns about the security for the football star and his family.
The attacker struck as Gerrard, who was alone, got out of his Range Rover in the upmarket village near Liverpool where he lives with his wife and their three daughters, assaulting, abusing and threatening the footballer before running away.
According to the Mirror, although Gerrard was not seriously hurt, he however, was left badly shaken by the assault, which is the latest in a series of incidents in which thugs have targeted Gerrard.
The report mentioned that in September, Gerrard had to be held back after a crazed fan scaled a perimeter wall at Liverpool`s training ground and yelled vile threats against his family, while in December 2007, masked raiders burst in and confronted Gerrard`s wife at their heavily protected home as the couple`s children slept.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'