Gerrard `badly shaken` following `abusive` attack by thug
London: England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was reportedly attacked by a thug who threatened and hurled abuse at him outside a convenience store near his luxury home, raising concerns about the security for the football star and his family.
The attacker struck as Gerrard, who was alone, got out of his Range Rover in the upmarket village near Liverpool where he lives with his wife and their three daughters, assaulting, abusing and threatening the footballer before running away.
According to the Mirror, although Gerrard was not seriously hurt, he however, was left badly shaken by the assault, which is the latest in a series of incidents in which thugs have targeted Gerrard.
The report mentioned that in September, Gerrard had to be held back after a crazed fan scaled a perimeter wall at Liverpool`s training ground and yelled vile threats against his family, while in December 2007, masked raiders burst in and confronted Gerrard`s wife at their heavily protected home as the couple`s children slept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed