Golf meets tennis: Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki engaged
London: Two-time major golf champion Rory McIlroy and former women`s tennis world number one Caroline Wozniacki announced their engagement Wednesday in postings on Twitter.
McIlroy, the 24-year-old former world number one from Northern Ireland, posted pictures of himself and Wozniacki and a diamond ring on a woman`s left ring finger.
"Happy New Year everyone! I have a feeling it`s going to be a great year!! My first victory of 2014 #shesaidyes!!"
On her Twitter page, Wozniacki posted the same pictures with the caption "Happy New Year everyone! Rory and I started 2014 with a bang! ... I said YES!!!!"
Wozniacki, 23, withdrew from a WTA event in Brisbane last weekend due to a shoulder injury but the Dane was looking forward to playing at Sydney in a tuneup event for the Australian Open.
McIlroy captured his first major title at the 2011 US Open and added another at the 2012 PGA Championship.
Wozniacki still seeks her first Grand Slam title, her deepest run in a major event being to the 2009 US Open final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi