Golf`s golden boy Rory McIlroy is an ace catcher too!
London: Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy reportedly pulled off a quick-reaction catch to save his US PGA trophy after claiming his second major of the year.
Following his success at The Open, McIlroy became the first British player to win back-to-back majors at Valhalla late last night. But the Northern Irishman could not relax after sinking his final putt, The Mirror reported.
PGA president Ted Bishop was left a little red-faced when McIlroy had to come to his and the Wanamaker Trophy`s rescue, as the silverware slipped out of Bishop`s hand while passing it over to the new champion.
But McIlroy showed lightning-quick reactions to grab hold of the lid before it clattered to the ground and held it aloft proudly, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof