Hawking at Paralympics?
London: British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking is likely to be involved in the Opening Ceremony of Paralympic Games here Aug 29.
It is unclear whether he will be in the stadium or on the big screens.
Hawking, 70, one of greatest physicists, has a motor neurone disease related to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a condition that has progressed over the years.
He is now almost completely paralysed and communicates through a speech generating device.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli