Hawking at Paralympics?
London: British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking is likely to be involved in the Opening Ceremony of Paralympic Games here Aug 29.
It is unclear whether he will be in the stadium or on the big screens.
Hawking, 70, one of greatest physicists, has a motor neurone disease related to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a condition that has progressed over the years.
He is now almost completely paralysed and communicates through a speech generating device.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family