I would`ve loved to be a footballer, says Ranbir Kapoor
New Delhi: If it had not have been showbiz for Ranbir Kapoor, it would definitely have been football, says the actor, who is endorsing a campaign on the sport.
"Football is life for me and if not an actor, I would have loved to be a footballer. It teaches team work, determination and discipline apart from being such an exciting sport," Ranbir said in a press statement.
The 29-year-old is the face of a new campaign by Pepsi. The campaign begins with a football-themed ad featuring Ranbir.
"I am thrilled that Pepsi is bringing the joy of football to India and am delighted to be a part of this campaign," he added.
The television commercial, to go on air Saturday, will see a young football enthusiast giving a cheeky reply to Ranbir, who questions his passion for football. It ends with a delightful take of Ranbir displaying his football skills, with hilarious results.
"Football is gaining immense popularity in India and being a true youth soul-mate, Pepsi is proud to be associated with the sport," said Deepika Warrier, executive director (Marketing), PepsiCo Beverages, India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Medical experts want Rio Olympics delayed or moved due to Zika
- Subramanian Swamy alleges Raghuram Rajan 'leaking sensitive information', must be sacked
- Witness woman power in full glory in 'Housefull 3'! Watch video
- Guess who just got Rs 48 lakh Jaguar car - Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan!
- Watch: Incredible view of the Suez Canal, Egypt!