I would`ve loved to be a footballer, says Ranbir Kapoor
New Delhi: If it had not have been showbiz for Ranbir Kapoor, it would definitely have been football, says the actor, who is endorsing a campaign on the sport.
"Football is life for me and if not an actor, I would have loved to be a footballer. It teaches team work, determination and discipline apart from being such an exciting sport," Ranbir said in a press statement.
The 29-year-old is the face of a new campaign by Pepsi. The campaign begins with a football-themed ad featuring Ranbir.
"I am thrilled that Pepsi is bringing the joy of football to India and am delighted to be a part of this campaign," he added.
The television commercial, to go on air Saturday, will see a young football enthusiast giving a cheeky reply to Ranbir, who questions his passion for football. It ends with a delightful take of Ranbir displaying his football skills, with hilarious results.
"Football is gaining immense popularity in India and being a true youth soul-mate, Pepsi is proud to be associated with the sport," said Deepika Warrier, executive director (Marketing), PepsiCo Beverages, India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’