I'm convinced Ronaldo will renew: Perez
Madrid: Speculation continues to surround the Portuguese star`s future following his revelation that he has not signed a new deal with los Blancos despite claims to the contrary.
Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United have both been frequently linked with the 28-year-old this summer but the Madrid president insists he is going nowhere.
"He`s our most important asset, around who we build the Madrid of the future," he said.
"Soon we will clarify this issue. I have no doubt that Cristiano is going to retire at Real Madrid. I`m convinced that he`ll renew. The renewals are done before the season starts."
Reports also suggested that the 66-year-old had lined up an incredible swoop for Barcelona`s Lionel Messi using the cash made from a sale of Ronaldo but he refuted the claims.
He added,:"Not at all. This is a myth. I was going through a bad time and the only thing I said is that I would do everything possible to make him stay. Not everything is money and these players need to feel wanted."
Ronaldo`s current contract at the Santiago Bernabeu expires in 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa
- Air ambulance crash lands in Delhi: This is how the pilot saved lives of passengers